[Osmf-talk] payment options for membership fees, donations and sponsorings in different currencies

Michal Palenik michal.palenik at freemap.sk
Mon May 14 12:20:19 UTC 2012

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 01:16:26PM +0200, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> I wonder if it was possible for OSMF to offer alternative payment
> methods, namely regarding the currency. Currently it seems to me we
> are giving quite some fees to banks. I have a few questions:
>
> 1) would it be possible in the UK to open (additional) bank accounts
> in the UK that are not in GBP but in a foreign currency like EUR

afaik, there is normal IBAN number for bank account
http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Join/International_Bank_Transfer
which gives SEPA priviledges (almost null bank transfer costs)
though i am not sure in which currency is this account

another question is currency problems/risks, at
http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Finances/Income_2010
there is line "Foreign Exchange Loss" and "Bank commission" which might
give some idea.

michal

ps: why this strange reply-to header?

--