[Osmf-talk] payment options for membership fees, donations and sponsorings in different currencies

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue May 15 11:27:12 UTC 2012

2012/5/15 Oliver Kühn <oliver.kuehn at skobbler.com>:
> accountant fees and present it to the board. More than 95% of the
> non-corporate donations come in via PayPal.

That was actually the original reason for me to ask whether
alternatives had been checked, because I'd really like to avoid
paypal. In the past I used paypal because a bank transfer seemed even
less senseful (as I suspected costs for the foundations to excel those
of paypal).

Reading the postings here on British bank commissions and fees, maybe
it would be an alternative to have a second bank account in a
different country than the UK, one that takes part in the EUR? The
money would remain there and would be used when EUR is needed (or
there would be occassionally few large transfers to balance the
accounts). Or is this legally impossible?

cheers,
Martin