[Osmf-talk] Proceedings from Face-to-Face Board Meeting

Tim Waters chippy2005 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 16:00:34 UTC 2012

firstly, amazing thorough job you all did in the board, well done!

Could someone clarify, or explain further what "The OpenStreetMap
Foundation is there to protect the OSM database from hijacking" means
in a bit more detail please? Is it a firm statement that the OSMF will
be firm when dealing with the wishes of certain commercial entities?

Also, and whilst I agree with all the objectives, regarding the spirit
of the mission - I (and perhaps this is what Andy was also asking) was
expecting something to either say "for users of the map and to
increase the use of OSM" or "for mappers and to increase the number of
mappers" - which are different aims, but I was expecting one or the
other. Perhaps by not having either you made the best choice?

Cheers,

Tim