[Osmf-talk] Anonymous notes on osm.org

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Tue Nov 13 08:26:46 UTC 2012

On 13/11/12 06:37, Roman Fischer wrote:

> While I agree that it should be simple and easy to report bugs, there
> should be a way to contact the reporter in case more explanation is
> needed... Maybe a "login" should not be required but at least an
> optional email address for feedback/questions would certainly help.

The problem with that is that as soon as we start asking for an email
address we'll have to provide a whole lot of explanation about what
we're going to do with it, who we're going to reveal it to, etc.

Presumably we wouldn't want to reveal it to other mappers either which
would mean building some sort of system for sending them messages
through the web site and collecting replies...

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/