[Osmf-talk] Anonymous notes on osm.org

Tim Waters chippy2005 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 22:02:46 UTC 2012

Hello

On 13 November 2012 09:35, Tom Chance <tom at acrewoods.net> wrote:

> We could help avoid this by requiring just a little bit more information
> from the user. For example, require people to select a category (e.g.
> missing feature, wrong name, routing error, other) and require a minimum of
> fifteen characters in the feedback.

Completely agree with this idea. It would prompt the user to think
about the nature of the bug reported.

We could extend this idea a bit further. It could be useful for the
user to only able to add notes when in "Browse map data" view. They
would therefore see that it's the underlying data that their note
should be about.
Some notes could also, possibly be linked to actual OSM objects (not
sure if that's totally useful though...)