[Osmf-talk] Anonymous notes on osm.org

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Tue Nov 13 09:35:56 UTC 2012

Hello,

First off, I agree that anonymous notes should be allowed without requiring
an email address for all the reasons others have given.

On the question of quality...

On 13 November 2012 06:37, Roman Fischer <roman at mybabey.ch> wrote:

> My experience with the "bugs" reported via Mapdust (Skobbler-App on the
> iPhone) is: Only 1-2 out of 10 reported "bugs", are useful. Useful in the
> sense that they lead to a map-correction.
> The rest of the reports is unclear, irreproducible or duplicates. :-\

We could help avoid this by requiring just a little bit more information
from the user. For example, require people to select a category (e.g.
missing feature, wrong name, routing error, other) and require a minimum of
fifteen characters in the feedback.

Regards,
Tom