[Osmf-talk] Anonymous notes on osm.org

Hugo Holscher hugoholscher at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 08:21:34 UTC 2012

Looks to me that there is substantial support for an open system. The good
thing is we can learn from that and if the majority is mistaken, there is
always a way back.

As a recipient of MapDust errors, I would like to see a few people to think
how we can ensure that the number of real bugs increases. I saw the number
of  1-2 out of 10 bugs are real map bugs and in my experience that is the
optimistic number. The main reason I see is that routing errors and
temporarily closed roads (e.g. unloading trucks) are reported as bugs. A low
point was a GPS misreading of 200 m making the user feel to be on a totally
different road.

I know too little of bug reporting systems, but if a working group is
started to improve on the MapDust principle, happy to contribute,

Hugo