[Osmf-talk] Anonymous notes on osm.org

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Wed Nov 14 09:16:29 UTC 2012

> Let users create a bug report anonymously. When they've created
it,
> show
> them a popup window thanking them for their report and asking
> them
> whether they want to create an account. This should concisely
> explain
> the benefits, i.e. we can contact them, they get notified when
their
> bug
> is fixed - or they can actually fix it themselves.
>
> If they go on to create an account, their bug gets associated with
the
> new account. If they don't, it remains an anonymous bug.

+1

And of course if they are already logged in when they report the bug
just associate it automatically.

I do wonder about what will happen if there aren't mappers in an
area to deal with the bug reports, but this is a problem that will
exist at present in areas that aren't monitoring OSB and Mapdust
reports so shouldn't be a reason not to allow anonymous reports.

I've lost the link to where the development version is, but I am
assuming it is also possible to attach notes to anonymous reports so
that if the original reporter doesn't associate it with an account
they might still be able to see the notes and add replies of their
own as further notes? Perhaps it would also be possible to track the
number of times a bug had been read?

Ed