[Osmf-talk] Proceedings from Face-to-Face Board Meeting

Tom MacWright macwright at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 21:34:10 UTC 2012

So, it's been two weeks and the OSMF's Mission Statement still includes the
paragraph:

> The OpenStreetMap Foundation is there to protect the OSM database from
hijacking, and keep it free and open.

As pointed out before, the inclusion of 'protecting the OSM database from
hijacking' is vague, aggressive, and unexplained. As Frederick said, an
explanation is required and it was taken out of context.

Ideally someone's already working on this, but in the meantime it'd be
great to nix it. It isn't a good idea to use a strongly, hazily worded
draft as an official mission statement.