[Osmf-talk] What is the OSMF?

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 1 11:08:26 UTC 2012

Thinking about this more broadly, there are clearly two main positions about the role of OSMF, the laissez-faire and the proactive. There's definitely a more sensible reality in between, but the discussion of anything in particular polarizes the outlooks.

I'd really like to know what we really think. But we have no way of understanding our own views on this systematically. No way to survey membership, or an agreed strategy. It would be great to have these processes.

But perhaps we should just accept the OSMF is what it is. Minimal organization to legally and technically hold OSM resources.

And start another organization, with a real mandate to promote OSM. Maybe one among businesses, another governments. Just a thought.

* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron