[Osmf-talk] a receding opportunity

Christian Quest cquest at openstreetmap.fr
Mon Oct 1 13:48:35 UTC 2012

2012/10/1 Harry Wood <mail at harrywood.co.uk>:
> Yes. I think we should probably have a blog post about the apple maps
> situation. Maybe it's treating apple specially, but hopefully we can present
> a blog post as just a bit of important interesting relevant news, rather
> than a ***Statement from the OSMF***  (although obviously all OSMF blog
> posts *are* statements from the OSMF)  We can tread that line. We've done it
> before.

A blog post would have been helpful to provide a link to some more or
less official information in blog comments... It give some additional
weight compared to many comments that are just personal misinformed
opinions.

I also asked to correct several major blog/website posts about the
MapBok/Knight foundation translated into "OSM gets half a million
dollars".

--
Christian Quest - OpenStreetMap France - http://openstreetmap.fr/u/cquest