[Osmf-talk] a receding opportunity

Guttorm Flatabø post at guttormflatabo.com
Mon Oct 1 19:29:36 UTC 2012

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 3:21 PM, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net>wrote:

> The single best thing we could do to capitalise on all this Apple hoo-hah
> is to have a community-written smartphone app - just as we have a
> community-written website, osm.org itself. A slippy map (code for that
> exists, of course, it's RouteMe on iOS); a call-out to a routing service;
> and some sort of OpenStreetBugs-like 'report a problem' button (though
> Mapzen POI Collector-like functionality would be even more lovely).

A simple mobile version of osm.org with geolocation, mobile OpenLayers and
a Oauth sign in page that is mobile friendly should be an easy, simple
start. At the moment it can be pretty hard just to start using mobile
editing and gpx uploading tools just because of the unfriendly sign-in
page.

Nothing that would compete with OffMaps, ForeverMap, and co - just a
> calling card for our project. And call it simply "OpenStreetMap".

Could the Wikipedia apps provide a startingpoint?

--
Guttorm