[Osmf-talk] a receding opportunity

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 13:53:58 UTC 2012

2012/10/1 Simon Poole <simon at poole.ch>:
> I believe it is clear that Apple is not violating our current licence
> (yes you can argue the whole day long about if they might be violating
> our previous licence, but that seems to be rather pointless) see 4.5.b
> of the ODbL.

4.5.b is about produced works. In the beginning of ODbL produced work
is defined: "“Produced Work” – a work (such as an image, audiovisual
material, text, or sounds) resulting from using the whole or a
Substantial part of the Contents (via a search or other query) from
this Database, a Derivative Database, or this Database as part of a
Collective Database."

IMHO it is disputable if structured vector data is part of this list:
"such as an image, audiovisual material, text, or sounds". I think it
is at least possible that they are violating our license because they
don't tell whether they took cc-by-sa or ODbL data, i.e. they
obfuscate the license.

cheers,
Martin