[Osmf-talk] Proposal: Welcome Wagon Working Group

Michal Palenik michal.palenik at freemap.sk
Tue Oct 2 06:43:24 UTC 2012

we at osm slovak mailinglist were discussing similar topic, talking to
new users.

currently the most common contact reason is an error a new user has
made. but even trying to put the words "hey, you did an error here" in
the most pleasant way possible, the bad reason is there.

so we try to look for new users in our area, but this is based only on
their first changeset (which most of them does not dare to do).

so the main question:
is it possible to get a list of new users which set their home location
in our region and/or their preferred language is SK for the purpose of
contacting them with welcome message?
which privacy/non-spamming policies must be kept?
(or we can put slovak letters in global welcome mailinglist)

michal