[Osmf-talk] Board Cohesion/Confidentiality

Fri Oct 5 14:29:56 UTC 2012

Andy Robinson wrote:
> As far as I was aware, company Directors have a duty of confidentiality to
> the company as defined in the 2006 Act (which is based on case law).

I don't think that's really the issue here. The issue is whether the
Board (corporately) chooses to enter into confidential discussions with
third parties. I don't believe anyone has said that if the Board
resolved to follow a particular line on this, they would intentionally
and repeatedly break it.

FWIW I would generally agree with Kate and Frederik that we should tend
"...towards open[ness] at all times and an exception would be when
things aren't publicly shared". An essential part of this is that the
whole Board has visibility of what each director is doing on behalf of OSMF.

cheers
Richard