[Osmf-talk] Board Cohesion/Confidentiality

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Fri Oct 5 14:31:13 UTC 2012

On 05/10/12 15:14, Andy Robinson wrote:

> As far as I was aware, company Directors have a duty of confidentiality to
> the company as defined in the 2006 Act (which is based on case law).

Sure, but that's kind of dependent on what information the company (as
embodied by the directors and/or the members) decides should be treated
as confidential.

As far as I can see the law does not, with possible exceptions for
things like personal data, specify what is confidential so it would be
up to the company to decide what is or is it not in that category.

Frederik is simply arguing that things should only be treated as such
where strictly necessary, and not simply as a default position. In other
words that things should be as open as possible.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/