[Osmf-talk] Board Cohesion/Confidentiality

Jonathan Harley jon at spiffymap.net
Fri Oct 5 14:44:29 UTC 2012

On 05/10/12 11:48, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 10/05/2012 12:18 PM, Kate Chapman wrote:
>
>> That said, I think we should be having a discussion as to what the
>> role is of the board. Personally I'm on the side of having a certain
>> level of confidentiality.
>
> Yeah, I think it must be possible for $BIG_GUY to email OSMF board and
> ask them something without having his email on the list immediately.

I don't think $BIG_GUY should get any different treatment to $little_guy.

> As soon as $BIG_GUY then wants to discuss something in more depth,
> there's a strong case for board updating the membership on that in
> some way (after having informed $BIG_GUY of course). I think that most
> people we deal with can be made to understand that they cannot expect
> to have secret dealings with a community project.

Agreed, but I think *until* $ThirdParty has been made aware that the
board operates the norms of a community project, which should of course
be as soon as reasonably possible and before discussions get into depth,
the default assumption should be of confidentiality.

Jonathan.

--
Dr Jonathan Harley   :    Managing Director    :   SpiffyMap Ltd

md at spiffymap.com      Phone: 0845 313 8457     www.spiffymap.com
The Venture Centre, Sir William Lyons Road, Coventry CV4 7EZ, UK