[Osmf-talk] Board Cohesion/Confidentiality

Michael Kugelmann MichaelK_OSM at gmx.de
Sat Oct 6 23:27:58 UTC 2012

On 05.10.2012 15:55, Steve Coast wrote:

[...]
-1 !
:-(

As there are only two new board members and the quoted email only refers
to one of this persons I would infer that you address Frederik by that
comment. Please correct if this is a wrong understanding.

Maybe there is a language barrier between Frederik and yourself. But (I
think) I very much understand what he writes in the blog that is linked.
And he does not at all want to publish all that's discussed while board
meeting. He just requests to "be as open as possible". And he request
clear rules for the work of the board which I as a comunity and OSMF
member would consider to be normal and already in place! If not in place
that's a bad thing. He also takes the example of Wikimedia which has a
"board with clear rules" which is very much linked to open content: open
content and open communication does not object to secret discussions.
But maybe I understand Frederik easier as I have the same German
thinking as Frederik and the British/American thinking/understanding is
different. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Best regards,
Michael.