[Osmf-talk] a tired narrative

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 8 22:19:50 UTC 2012

> I've re-read Frederik's post and I don't see poison. You quoted above,> a sentence potentially critical of the board, if you believe that the
> board took an unwarranted decision in the face of strong technical
> counter arguments.

My main point is that no one is doing this for glory, and saying so is a gross misrepresentation of the Board's decision making.
You can disagree with the decision, but assuming such egotistical motives is poisonous, and the kind of rhetoric I hope we can stop.

> If Frederik's criticism of the board at
> the time is poisonous, is your criticism of Frederik also?  I don't
> think so.  :-)

He's not criticizing the Board, but promoting an image of an "Evil Board", when no such thing exists. At least til now ;)

> I don't think
> that previous boards have been non-functional, I do think that
> striving for improvement is worthwhile.

I didn't say the Board was non-functional, but that the OSMF as a whole has been disfunctional. It's worth being honest about it, and fixing it.

* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron