[Osmf-talk] OSMF Articles of Association - Discussion on Revision for 2013 AGM

Jaakko Helleranta.com jaakko at helleranta.com
Fri Apr 5 15:02:48 UTC 2013

Dear all,

Not sure if I've raised my electoral opinion here or just @hot discussions so:
I very very warmly and strongly favor STV (or similar system such as IRV). The current voting system is problematic both because it wastes a big amount of votes _totally_ (as in: 100% of many votes have zero impact to the election result) and also because many people end up voting against their own preference/interests -- unknowignly.

So, I am very happy to see the articulated worry about votes wasted and STV as a solution.

If not mentioned here before I've been involved with some election reforms in Finland years ago (that resulted in the association of university student unions of Finland and the Helsinki University of Technology's campus housing system adopt STV). This said, I would be happy to be involved with the electoral issues of OSMF.

Cheers from Northern Haiti were we (HOT) just yesterday started mapping training of 60 local youth so they can map the Cap-Haitien Development Corridor,
-Jaakko

Sent from my BlackBerry® device from Digicel
--
Mobile: +509-37-26 91 54, Skype/GoogleTalk: jhelleranta