[Osmf-talk] OSMF Articles of Association - Discussion on Revision for 2013 AGM

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Thu Apr 18 05:48:08 UTC 2013

Hi,

I would like to suggest in addition to the membership list to introduce
a membership card. It could be, for instance, a thin nice plastic card
with photo and with the ID number, which could be used also for e-voting.

I noticed that when I tell people that I am the member of the
"OpenStreetMap Foundation" they tend not to believe me.

I know well this reaction, as it is similar with my New York City
Marathon participation. When I tell people that I ran this marathon in
2011 they also tend not to believe (I am 50). The organizers know of
this issue and that is why every finisher gets a certificate signed by
the Mayor Mike Bloomberg (see attached photocopy [removed attachment due
to the mailing list limitation]). But even certificate is not enough,
every marathon finisher gets a medal with his name and time engraved
(see attached photocopy [removed]).

These two documents are usually enough. But there is also the list of
marathon finishers on the website, with photograph, and also the list in
the New York Times printed newspaper.

I would suggest a membership card with photo valid for 3 and 5 years,
stating that this person is a rank and file member of the international
not-for-profit organization "OpenStreetMap Foundation". An additional
fee could be collected for those willing to get the membership card (for
printing the card and mailing). I am the first one. I am eager to pay 5
years membership fee for this. A digital photo, complying with document
photograph guidlines,  could be sent by e-mail.

brgds,
Oleksiy
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Alex-7