[Osmf-talk] OSMF Articles of Association - Discussion on Revision for 2013 AGM

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Thu Apr 18 06:23:14 UTC 2013

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 9:36 PM, Kate Chapman <kate at maploser.com> wrote:

> I'm in agreement with Chris. I think having the membership list
> available to the membership is important for transparency. It seems
> like every year there is some sort of issue with membership right
> before the board election. I think people having access to the list
> throughout the year allows them to know if for example 50% of the
> membership is from one company. Or any other reason to look at such
> things.

I also concur that have the membership list available is import for the
Foundation. As Kate Chapman mentioned, knowing that a high percentage of
the members belong to a company but also if a country tries to influence
political boundaries by stacking the membership. Not sure what's to prevent
it from happening, but transparency should help us.

--
Clifford

OpenStreetMap: Maps with a human touch