[Osmf-talk] OSMF Articles of Association - Discussion on Revision for 2013 AGM

Ilya Zverev zverik at textual.ru
Thu Apr 18 07:51:50 UTC 2013

Hi. I'm also for opening of member list, and I find Oleksiy's proposal
of membership cards great, though not for reasons he states :) I think
just an offer of receiving something tangible from OSMF would
significantly increase membership numbers. Right now the most frequent
answer to "what do I get if I join" from members is "uhm...". A single
card, which I hope is not too expensive to make, would become a token
that less active OSM contributors would value and show off a lot. It
could be shown to people they encounter while mapping villages: it makes
them not suspicious strangers with cameras, but verified members of a
worldwide organization. And the card could be given for paying for three
or more years in advance, to cover production costs, which also would
result in less members leaving the OSMF each year.

IZ