[Osmf-talk] OSMF Articles of Association - Discussion on Revision for 2013 AGM

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Thu Apr 18 09:05:55 UTC 2013

Ilya,
My son is volunteer of Red Cross www.icrc.org . Volunteers of Red Cross do not get a card, even though this suggestion comes out from time to time. But they are not to pay annual fee either.

If it really comes to the OSMF membership card, it should be clearly stated on the card that it just confirms membership and it is just used for e-voting.

I did not realized the wisdom on NYC Marathon organizers, until some individuals laughed in my face at interview, until I produced the exhaustive prove of my "other interests". Documents could be useful sometimes.

For 1 year membership there could be an electronic PDF membership card, but, say, for 3 or 5 years - plastic. Or one could opt out and stick to electronic, for some reason.

Certainly, logistics of producing and distributing the membership card could be overwhelming. But it is the question of money. If there are enough members  ready to pay for it, it could become doable at some point.

Brgds
Oleksiy
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Alex-7

Sent from my iPhone