[Osmf-talk] AGM 2013: Proxy Voting Instructions

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 13:26:01 UTC 2013

2013/8/22 Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org>

> Hi,
>
>    proxy voting (i.e. voting by email) for this year's AGM will open on
> Monday. Detailed instructions are here:
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/**wiki/Foundation/AGM13/Proxy_**Voting<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/AGM13/Proxy_Voting>
>
> You have the opportunity to vote for candidates for the board (
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.**org/wiki/Foundation/AGM13/**Election_to_Board<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/AGM13/Election_to_Board>)
> as well as cast your vote for or against the new Articles of Association (
> http://blog.openstreetmap.**org/2013/08/15/2013-articles-**
> of-association-update/<http://blog.openstreetmap.org/2013/08/15/2013-articles-of-association-update/>
> ).
>
> Bye
> Frederik

Reading the new AA (
http://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Articles_of_Association/New ) there are
many occurences of "person" not further specifying whether this is
restricted to natural persons or extends to corporate personhood / juristic
persons, i.e. certain types of companies. (Maybe I have overlooked this, or
companies are never persons under UK law, or it is intentional that
companies can become members?). Looking at 17. it seems as if companies are
included:
(1) they die or cease to exist;
(as natural persons never cease to exist without dying).

Could you please clarify on this?

thank you,
Martin