[Osmf-talk] Financing the OSMF

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Tue Aug 27 22:08:17 UTC 2013

Gregory thank you for your response, I just want to point out a small
issue before it gets spread too far:
Am 27.08.2013 23:52, schrieb Gregory Marler:

> We are discussing the potential income for OSMF. However, the AGM has
> a vote on the Articles of Association that covers whether or not
> corporations can become members. I think it is worth waiting to see
> the result on that, and if we were to be open for corporate/associate
> members then we should be discussing a price to set.

The basic AoA proposal already allows corporate membership, the
amendment is only on if such members have voting rights or not. Now it
can and has been argued that such a membership without a vote doesn't
make sense, but the board came to the conclusion that this is a decision
best kept separate from the actual decision on the articles. Having a
thrid variant would have just been too complicated to do reasonably in
teh time available.

Simon