[Osmf-talk] Notes & Bing Imagery

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Tue Dec 3 10:29:28 UTC 2013

Dave

The basic issue is if we should show an imagery layer (regardless of
source) on the main site to non-logged in users. That would imply a
change in the OSM business model with rather large consequences that
should not be made outside of a well discussed change in strategy. As to
using bing or any other commercial imagery layer (MapBox etc) for
something along such lines, it would seem to not be in the best
interests of such companies to allow it, so I think it is rather
unlikely that we would get permission, but as I wrote, first we would
need to make that strategic decision.

Simon