[Osmf-talk] Notes & Bing Imagery

Pierre Béland infosbelas-gps at yahoo.fr
Sun Dec 8 09:57:42 UTC 2013

Hi Oleksiy,

It is sometimes hard to interpret the imagery without knowing the area you map. While in Limonade,  north of Haiti this spring, we observed that there are many house constructions. People build structures and sometimes wait for months to complete the construction.  Sometimes, there is already a first floor, and the owners have prepared the structure, the walls to build a second floor.

If you look at Limonade, there is no destruction but in fact many house construction.

For example, if you select in JOSM the UAV imagery and locate Limonade, you will see many of these houses.
Select in JOSM CTRl+J, and give the following url
http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=20/19.670316/-72.124863

If we compare Bing and UAV imageries for Limonade, we can see how useful it was to have this more recent imagery to trace the new buildings.

regard

Pierre