[Osmf-talk] Notes & Bing Imagery

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Wed Dec 4 11:50:42 UTC 2013

I watched the video at ttp://aeromao.com/ about the UAV Aermapper. It
has the range of 20 km. It weighs 1.2 kg without camera, and it looks
like a real aircraft.

I would not dare to fly it over a city, regulations or no regulations.
It is suitable, perhaps, for government agencies with insured pilots.

The eBee is ultra light, it is made from a soft material. I could well
make such a mapping flight with it over a suburb as on this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUiQBR5yUHI

This is exactly what is needed for mapping in a city.

Once I was flying Ar.Drone 2.0 quadrocopter at a parking lot of a
shopping center. The security guard approached me and asked what I were
doing, I answered that I bought I toy for my son and decided to test it
(what was, in a way, true). He said OK and left.

The same is about eBee. It looks like a harmless toy, but it has very
serious capabilities. Like, say, a smart-phone, it also looks small but
in fact it is the leading force of the current computing technological
revolution.

brgds
O.M. (Alex-7)