[Osmf-talk] Losing faith

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 12:01:00 UTC 2013

On 14 January 2013 22:55, Steve Coast <steve at asklater.com> wrote:

> I've emailed Simon and the board to find out whether this is also their policy before I become extremely public, negative and personal about the issue.

How about a different course of action, one based on cooperation
instead of confrontation?

It seems completely reasonable that CWG want to ensure that they limit
access to the twitter password to CWG members. You've asked for
working groups to be held accountable on numerous previous occasions,
so giving out the passwords reduces their accountability both for
actions done, and actions not done.

So even without the password itself, you can ask CWG to tweet on your
behalf. You're the founder of the project and ex-chairman of the OSMF
board, I'm sure they'll look on your suggestions in a commensurate
light. If they don't want to tweet something, then simply respect
their decision and tweet on your own widely-followed account
(@stevec).

If you think that CWG are tweeting too much, or not enough, or the
wrong thing, or whatever, then work with them. Explain your thinking,
help them draft guidelines, or recruit new members to the team, or
formulate policy, or whatever is an appropriate solution to the
problem. Simply demanding the password so that you can bypass all
accountability and tweet behind their back whenever you feel like it -
well, that isn't a sustainable situation.

Please Steve, use your knowledge, skills and reputation to help us
build an awesome, scalable, and smoothly running OSMF!

Cheers,
Andy