[Osmf-talk] Losing faith

Simone Cortesi simone at cortesi.com
Tue Jan 15 15:00:33 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 3:30 PM, Steve Coast <steve at asklater.com> wrote:
>> It seems completely reasonable that CWG want to ensure that they limit
>> access to the twitter password to CWG members.
>
> Gimme a break, I founded the thing, didn't do anything wrong and was happily tweeting.
>
> All of these 'reasons' for taking the password away were invented post-hoc.
>
> Twitter doesn't work well as a managed weekly process by an understaffed group who take away people's access. Even the largest corporations don't make that mistake.

On 16th August 2012, the OSMF Board sent this:

"the Chairman Emeritus (Steve Coast) has a standing invitation to all
board and working group meetings and to all State of the Map
conferences. He is explicitly invited to give advice to the Board and
Working Groups. The Chairman Emeritus is allowed to voice personal
statements in public using his title."

I think the Founder of this whole damn thing should have access to the
@openstreetmap twitter account.

--
-S