[Osmf-talk] Losing faith

Steve Coast steve at asklater.com
Tue Jan 15 19:13:28 UTC 2013

On Jan 15, 2013, at 10:57 AM, Simon Poole <simon at poole.ch> wrote:
>  Maybe
> that is a mistake, but the correct way to change it is to engage
> yourself in the CWG and not to expect the board to fiddle with things it
> has clearly delegated to that group.

Simon

It wasn't clear that it had been delegated. One day the password just changed. Poof. That was it.

I did spend three months trying to get an answer from the CWG, as did others. Gradually moving up the stack from them to the board to here as you know.

The answer that came back is absurd. Emailing a group to consider sending a tweet at their weekly meeting is like asking me to send you a telegram for conversion to email. It misses out on the whole point of twitter.

Lastly, the board can and does get involved all the time with working groups.

Why do we have this way to work with CWG all of a sudden when the other working groups are held to completely different standards?

Steve