[Osmf-talk] Losing faith

Paweł Paprota ppawel at fastmail.fm
Wed Jan 16 10:55:05 UTC 2013

Hi Oliver,

> Nonetheless, I want to give a short explanation what has happened in
> OSMF and put it into perspective

I meant to stay away as far as possible from this thread but after your
message I can't help but support your point of view. If only there were
more voices of reason like yours or Ivo's.

OSM is not a battlefield where some personal battles should be fought,
nor is it a bastion of freedom from politics, freedom from Facebook or a
forefront of the free software movement.

So I strongly suggest that instead of focusing on those side issues some
people should really *do stuff* because when you look at the numbers and
the situation on the ground in the project it is not really that great
in many areas.

There is a lot of work to be done to attract new contributors and
developers. And this does not require a professional organization. It
requires doing stuff.

Paweł