[Osmf-talk] WG: Fwd: Losing faith

Strassenburg-Kleciak, Marek marek.strassenburg at harman.com
Wed Jan 16 13:34:39 UTC 2013

+1
Regards,
Marek

Von: Charles Gregory [mailto:chuq at chuq.net]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 16. Januar 2013 13:20
An: Iván Sánchez Ortega; osmf-talk at openstreetmap.org
Betreff: [Osmf-talk] Fwd: Losing faith

> Can I please use the twitter account to post interesting things about the
> project that I started?
If you leave microsoft, will you be able to use your corporate @microsoft.com<http://microsoft.com>
email account? I don't think so. Same thing with the OSM twitter acc't.

For the record, I agree that only the CWG and people approved from the CWG
should have access to social acc'ts

On reading this thread, I've learned that Steve has been granted the position of Chairman Emeritus - therefore implying that as founder the community has chosen to award him a "special status".  It follows on from this that something such as access to the @openstreetmap twitter account, is a perfectly reasonable request (that is, unless Steve has a history of tweeting dodgy things while drunk or something).  I can't see any example of this, but the way some people on this thread are talking it's like Steve has turned to the dark side.

Using the closest equivalent that I'm familiar with - the Wikimedia Foundation - Jimmy Wales doesn't have access to the @Wikipedia or @Wikimedia twitter accounts, but I expect that if he desired it then there would be no question in granting it to him.  (Note that Jimmy Wales' personal account has 78k followers as opposed to OSM's 13k)

If you don't agree, set up a @FakeOpenStreetMap acc't or something.

Is this really the sort of thing we want to be encouraging?

Regards,

Charles