[Osmf-talk] OSMF Articles of Association - Discussion on Revision for 2013 AGM

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Mar 6 22:35:02 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 06.03.2013 23:02, Mikel Maron wrote:
> Good point. We need code of conduct for members, and some sort of more
> substantial agreement in place for those of us with special access to
> Foundation resources.

Neither of them however should, in my opinion, be enshrined in the AoA.
I think it is not uncommon for AoA-like documents to say that members
can only be kicked out if they are in violation of good conduct as
defined by some sort of policy, and such policy is then defined
separately (and easier to change than the AoA itself).

It is also not uncommon to have a rule that says that if the board
should deny membership so anyone, or kick them out, then that board
decision will automatically come before the next AGM for confirmation.

Bye
Frederik