[Osmf-talk] Paid Mapping / WikiPR like issues in OSM?

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Wed Nov 27 17:00:07 UTC 2013

What I would like to have, however, is the following:

This is the information card page of the hotel Eden:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/2357093470

I mapped this hotel on the OSM (no affiliation).

If I search in Google or Bing on the words "Hotel Eden Genève" this
information card page is not found.

Probably, because it does not have in the HTML title the words "Hotel
Eden Genève".

Wouldn't it be better if such an information card-page of a business or
an organization could be found via a search engine?

I guess it is the matter of putting name, addr:city, tourim=hotel fields
into the HTML page title (for hotels, universities, etc.). The page
itself exists already.

I think it would not hurt the OSM if an organization, a business, a
town, a village, etc. could have such an information page, which could
be found via search engines.

brgds
O.