[Osmf-talk] Tanzania

Ragnvald Larsen ragnvald at mindland.com
Sat Aug 9 18:47:22 UTC 2014

I do not think smart-phones, even high end ones, is a problem to get by
in a country like Tanzania. If Bing does not provide good imagery in an
area, or you are planning on mapping beyond their scale small drones
(fixed wing) would be a better choice. Stitch the image together,
georeference it, and you have a good start.

Coordinating such imagery for broad use is of course an issue which
becomes more and more of a challenge to us. Guess we could move on to
discussing that as well. But that would be wandering even further off topic.

Ragnvald