[Osmf-talk] Upcoming Special General Meeting Opinions?

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Tue Dec 2 11:25:42 UTC 2014

On 28.11.2014 20:54, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> * If this leads to a new election and the need to find new board members
> to replace those who are above their limits, fair enough - nobody on the
> board is indispensable, nor should anybody be, an the last election
> featured a number of promising candidates who up to now never had
> participated in board work.

I'm not so sure about that. In past elections, I've often failed to find
three candidates whom I could wholeheartedly support. And finding "good"
candidates (i.e. those palatable for a large number of voters) is bound
to become even more difficult if we specifically exclude candidates that
have proven to be popular among the electorate.

For this reason, and because I believe that the OSMF membership can and
will vote against incumbents, I don't like the idea of term limits.