[Osmf-talk] Please Vote at the General Meeting this Weekend

gerdami gerdami at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 3 14:59:56 UTC 2014

Done.I fully support ALL resolutions.Best,gerdami
 Not sent from any iPhone/iPad, never!

     On Wednesday, December 3, 2014 3:16 PM, Johan & Marguerite <textline at gmail.com> wrote:

Dear OSMF members

You have likely already seen the announcement for the upcoming general
meeting
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-announce/attachments/20141122/c920b601/attachment-0001.pdf
on the 7th of December. I would ask you to make the small effort and
either participate directly in the meeting on Sunday or, better, vote
via proxy
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-announce/2014-December/000015.html
now.

As I pointed out in the original proposal for this general meeting,
actually achieving the 75% votes to carry the special resolutions is a
very high hurdle and unlikely to be achieved without support by the
board. But even if we do not pass the 75% mark, a high as possible
support for the term limits will send a clear signal to the board that
we want the issues to be addressed.

It has been suggested that the main problem with the proposed term
limits is that they actually affect some of the board members ability to
continue to stand for re-election. Without us sending that clear signal
to the board, it is very likely that the board will implement placebo
limits that only serve to pacify their electorate and have no real effect.

Dear Simon, in your position as chairman of OSMF you have been preparing the AoA changes for the GM in Birmingham 2013 and Buenos Aires 2014. That means you have had two years in a (as I see it) relaxed atmosphere to implement term limits. In September 2013 this was the list of issues in the AoA: http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Issues_with_the_current_Articles. No sign of term limits there.
What is exactly your motivation behind passing these three resolutions now?
Cheers, Johan
Please make the small effort to participate in this vote and make your
voice heard!

Simon