[Osmf-talk] Guests at board meetings (was: Please Vote at the General Meeting this Weekend)

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Dec 7 19:35:52 UTC 2014

Chris,

On 12/03/2014 03:58 PM, Chris Fleming wrote:
> indeed I don't think there is any reason not to invite non board
> member to board meetings, they just don't have a vote.

Your comment above has resulted in one person asking whether they could
join board meetings as a guest.

It isn't something the board has considered in the past and it's likely
not something that we'll introduce in a rush but I'd be very interested
to hear of other, similarly organized nonprofits and how they handle the
issue.

Are members, or even the public, allowed to join board meetings? Is
there a selection process or is everyone invited? Which kinds of issues
are considered confidential enough to be discussed in private? Are board
meetings still work meetings or do they risk becoming more of a show
where everyone wants to impress the public?

If anyone on this list has any experience with this from other groups,
please share it.

Bye
Frederik