[Osmf-talk] Please Vote at the General Meeting this Weekend

Chris Fleming me at chrisfleming.org
Wed Dec 3 14:58:27 UTC 2014

I have to admit, back in 2011, when we started discussing this and putting
together the list a requirements for the new AoA, I was probably the one
who talked both Henk and Eugene around, to not putting term limits in place
at that time.

>From what I can see the final Articles were largely shaped by those
discussions. It's also worth noting that we we keen to create a set of
articles that reflected the way the Foundation worked and we were keen to
leave more controversial changes to individual motions such as this.

http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Working_Group_Minutes/SWG_2011-07-04

I have to say that I would not make the same argument again, it seems to me
that we have no shortage of good people prepared to server the board and
that a healthy cycling of people through the board is a good things. One
would hope that after members have served their time on the board they can
continue to work on OSMF business, and indeed I don't think there is any
reason not to invite non board member to board meetings, they just don't
have a vote.

It seems clear from recent discussions and the high number of people
leaving the board early, that the current setup isn't working and I find it
particularly telling that Simon Supports this after a relatively short time
as chairman on the board.

I've not made my mind up yet on the second resolution.

Cheers
Chris