[Osmf-talk] ballot results unofficial

Michael Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Tue Dec 9 11:03:11 UTC 2014

On 09/12/2014 00:18, Gregory wrote:

> On 8 December 2014 at 21:44, Severin Menard <severin.menard at gmail.com
> <mailto:severin.menard at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     Maybe next time send reminders at eg D-2 and D-1 in caps to
>     attract the eye among many threads on the list, or having a purely
>     official, informing channel and one another for the passionate
>     discussions?
>
> Like an osmf-announce list? ;)
>
> I think OSMF members are added to both osmf-announce and osmf-talk by
> default, but they can choose to unsubscribe from either/both if desired.

Yes, new members are added to both by default when you join.  And you
can choose to unsubscribe from osmf-talk.  For that reason osmf-announce
was set up for situations we really, really need to reach everyone ...
elections and meetings.  For that reason, we do not unsubscribe from
that channel.  The quid pro quo is that we only use it when really,
really necessary. So, if you use an email browser like Thunderbird where
you can flag email from osmf-announce as "Important" ... ;-)

Mike

PS I don't use these calendar thingies myself for personal life but
Jaakko makes an extremely good suggestion in adding .ical/.ics to
announce emails. I hope we will implement that.