[Osmf-talk] Articles of Association Update 2.0

Roland Ramthun mail at roland-ramthun.de
Thu Jul 24 08:46:40 UTC 2014

Am Thu, 24 Jul 2014 10:30:53 +0200
schrieb Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org>:

Hi,

> Of course there are downsides to it but it's not like you have to
> fear a visit from the secret police if you vote for the wrong OSMF
> board candidate.

in most states you don't have to fear a visit from the secret police if
you vote for a candidate, nevertheless they have election secrecy.

Election secrecy is used to protect against political,
economical and physical pressure of the voter. It is a method against
bribery, too (take the money, but vote what you feel).

I would not like to see the already weak level of secrecy we have with
the OSMF voting further degraded and not just for general reasons, but
because I can imagine specific situations where e.g. economical
pressure plays a role for our voters.

Kind regards, Roland

P.S. I like the general idea of online voting