[Osmf-talk] OSMF Members Request for a General Meeting

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Sun Nov 2 12:13:12 UTC 2014

Am 02.11.2014 12:57, schrieb Mikel Maron:
> Thanks Simon. I agree with the need for some kind of term limit
> requirement. I think our governance could also benefit from better
> specification of when Board members are up for re-election. Right now, I
> believe the requirement is 1/3 of the Board each year.

That is actually part of the confusion: it is 1/3 per election (which
are normally once per year). While that leads to a kind of effective
term it isn't really quite the same.

 This has led to
> confusion about who and how many exactly need to go for election. To
> simplify this, a suggestion for consideration: a single term of a Board
> member seat be 2 years, and that each year, either 3 or 4 seats be up
> for re-election.

IMHO that would be quite a sensible solution, however I didn't want to
sidetrack the discussion of the most important issue right now. It is
something that a renewed board could put before the membership on its
own accord.

Simon