[Osmf-talk] Community, criticism and diversity

Randy Meech randy.meech at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 13:02:01 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 3:58 AM, Simon Poole <simon at poole.ch> wrote:

> Seriously, what and how the OSMF should go about being a mass membership
> organisation is very unclear. What are relevant activities that don't
> conflict with local groups and are relevant? Outside of the core
> activities the OSMF does now that is.

One thing I would like to do: encourage local organizations to educate
their members about the OSMF. Sign-up pages would be a great place to do
this, especially if they're already processing a credit card transaction.
They could collect additional information and funds to send to the OSMF. Of
course this becomes easier with flexible membership fees.

-Randy