[Osmf-talk] Community, criticism and diversity

Alex Barth alex at mapbox.com
Mon Nov 3 13:25:35 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 3:58 AM, Simon Poole <simon at poole.ch> wrote:

> Seriously, what and how the OSMF should go about being a mass membership
> organisation is very unclear. What are relevant activities that don't
> conflict with local groups and are relevant? Outside of the core
> activities the OSMF does now that is.

As someone who's worked 2+ years on OSM US board I don't see much conflict
with local groups when it comes to membership. I recommend to anyone to be
a member of both. Reasons why you'd be part of OSMF _and_ OSM US:

- OSM US Help grow OSM in the US via conference and other activities
- OSM US Support community server
- OSM US Support local point of contact for any OSM questions
- OSMF Support OSM.org servers
- OSMF Support license maintenance
- OSMF Support Int'l conference
- OSMF Support Int'l coordination

Also: the core activities is just what it is, I'm not part for any other
reason. I think that's great for £15 - especially once the OSMF is
functional again ;-)