[Osmf-talk] Preliminary Voting Results

Randy Meech randy.meech at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 10:39:38 UTC 2014

On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 4:29 AM, Christoph (TheFive at OSM) <
thefive.osm at gmail.com> wrote:

> As there where 219 Voters for the candidate election (i have taken the sum
> of the first vote in your first step),
> the percentage is just a question of invites send out, or not so accurate:
> the members in OSMF).
>
> As there where 182 normal members and 336 associated members the voter
> participation is around* 42 %*.
>
> After the „storm in OSMF-Talk“ , and the very easy participation mechanism
> i have expected a higher participation.

Thanks Richard & Christoph for this analysis. Regarding the storm on the
mailing list, maybe it had the opposite effect and caused people to leave.
When I was looking around for votes, I kept finding people once involved
who had left over the years due to exasperation. It put a small dent in my
campaign strategy :)

Congratulation to Frederik, Kathleen and Paul.

Congratulations indeed to all three! I do hope you can work to improve
things and increase all the numbers above. 57 votes won a board seat last
year, this year 55 effective votes is the number. Far too low to be safe,
and you have a great chance to help.

-Randy