[Osmf-talk] OSMF Members Request for a General Meeting

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Nov 12 07:11:32 UTC 2014

Mikel,

   just a minor factual point:

On 11/12/2014 01:35 AM, Mikel Maron wrote:
> Another election in a short time dooms OSMF to no
> progress in the next six months,

This is a misconception that I have heard from a couple of people. If
the current board acts without delay, then everything, including new
elections, could be over before the end of January (i.e. just slightly
over two months from now). Given that these coincide with the holiday
season, the amount of work the board would be likely to do during that
time is limited.

> If there is no progress in 6 months time, then yes, let's take
> extraordinary measures and call a General Meeting at that point.

It might make sense to move our annual general meeting to the spring or
early summer anyway, instead of linking it to a SOTM which moves around.

(Side note, would you be able to propose a definition of "no progress"
that can easily be tested? What does progress look like? Honest question
- I'd love our members to set up a definition of progress and hold board
to account on it.)

Bye
Frederik