[Osmf-talk] [OSM-talk] State of the Map US 2015 in New York, NY, June 6-8

Randy Meech randy.meech at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 13:27:55 UTC 2014

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 7:55 AM, Oleksiy Muzalyev <
oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch> wrote:

>  It would be a challenge to fill up this hall with the capacity of 1800+
> in any case. If it is a large combined event, it could generate positive
> international publicity for the project.

Our proposal said 1,200, but because of a large balcony area it can have
800 attendees without feeling empty. Since DC last year was 500-600, I
think we can hit at least 800.

Pic:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2o6kn0apqsj9rdi/2014-09-19%2009.55.05.jpg?dl=0

The UN has got headquarters and large halls in three other cities, -
> Nairobi, Vienna, and Geneva. So this approach could be continued later in
> other cities too.

Sounds great -- we can make introductions when ready!

> And there is still more than enough of time till June to obtain a visa.

Yes! Right now we're raising money for scholarships -- the proposal had 80
total and 50 international. We wanted to leave enough time to get visas.

-Randy