[Osmf-talk] OSMF Members Request for a General Meeting

Sarah Hoffmann lonvia at denofr.de
Wed Nov 12 21:24:13 UTC 2014

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 08:36:15AM -0800, Mikel Maron wrote:
> > l haven't checked recently but it would effect Henk, Dermot, Oliver, Mikel and Steve if I recall correctly.
>
> Would be very good to see how this would specifically affect all current and past Board members, in terms of how much longer they can serve, or how long they would have to wait to serve again.

There is a nice table of board history in the wiki that allows
to easily compute that:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation

However, it is an interesting statistic for everyone,
so here is the complete list of people effected ordered by
the number of years they still can serve if SR1 is accepted
(including this 2014 term). The number in brackets
provides the year when their serving time is reset if SR2 is
accepted and they are not on the board in this and following years
(i.e. for serving members it would mean to stand down now). Where
the year is missing, people have already reached the required
years of absence from the board and can run for another full
4 years immediately.

(*) This is a rough estimate. Reality is a bit more complicated
    because the election date was different every year
		and we have a rather high number of mid-term resignations.

Steve Coast            0  (2017-2021) 1)
Mikel Maron            0  (2017)
Henk Hoff              0  (2020)
Oliver Kühn            0  (2018)

Andy 	Robinson         1
Michael 	Collinson    1
Richard 	Fairhurst    1  (2015)     2)
Matt 	Amos             1  (2017)
Dermot 	McNally        1  (2017)

George 	James          2
Simone 	Cortesi        2
Frederik 	Ramm         2  (2016)
Simon Poole            2  (2016)

Corey 	Burger         3
Nick 	Black            3
Emilie 	Laffray        3
Iván 	Sánchez Ortega   3
Kate 	Chapman          3  (2015)

1) For Steve matters are complicated because it is unclear if his status
as chairman emeritus counts as board time. If not, he can stand for
reelection 2017 already, if yes, he has to wait until 2021.

2) Richard has actually served 3 years but with a break in between,
so the first year would count as reset already, I believe.

Hope that helps.

Sarah